Monday 9 September 2013

The Home of.... Amelie Poulain



Amelie Poulains apartment in the film Amelie
Michael Sowa's wonderful prints from the Film Amelie



All images via Pinterest and Tumblr
I love Amelie. Not only is it a wonderfully eccentric story, but with a rich palette of Reds, Greens, yellows and creams with the occasional splattering of electric blue, Amelie's apartment is one of my all time favorite bohemian film interiors. As a shy, home-body Amelie has developed a rich interior style with beautiful contrasting wallpapers and textiles and my personal favorite is the artwork by German Artist Michael Sowa.

What are some of your favourite film interiors? To view more of my favourites click here

9 comments:

Cindi said...

Amelie is my absolute favorite movie, I have watched it countless times. I love the story and the scenery and actually I already have a few screenshots from her apartment in my "interior inspiration" file. How lovely to see that I'm not the only Amelie geek/fan there is :)

/Cindi

http://cherriesandsunflowers.blogspot.dcom/

Moon to Moon said...

You are defiantly not alone xx

Monica said...

Penelope's bedroom in the movie Penelope. Ah-may-zing.

Rima said...

this is one of my inspiration for my own future place. i love this movie (i watch it annually during my bday month!). loveeee amelie!

Anonymous said...

check out the interiors in Lucky Number Slevin!

Sage said...

I love Chalize Theron's San Francisco pad in Sweet November.

Kath said...

I love the Aunts house in "Practical magic" too perfect for words.
I am like you, because "a rich palette of Reds, Greens, yellows and creams " is my favourite too.

Debora Spera said...

Nous avons appelé notre fille Amélie en honneur a cette film!
;)
D.

Anonymous said...

I love Amelie! You should really do a post on Maude's train house in "Harold and Maude." I used to watch that movie all the time when I was a kid and desperately wanted to live in her house. Still do, actually.