Sunday 1 September 2013

Current Obsession: Botanical Wall Charts


Flax Botanical Print, Reproduction of an Educational chart from Wallography
Wallography Vintage educational Prints: Cherry Tree
Wallography : Dog Rose

Three Botanical prints
Wallography: Male Fern
If I could turn back time, I would have paid more attention in school and Studied Botany and become chief Botanist at Kew Gardens, it would all be very romantic and I would have a Rose named after me..... but I didn't and so I am not and so there isn't..... I did however study Photography at university and spent my final year taking pictures of Plants and insects (mainly beetles and moths), inspired by old botanical and scientific prints and have always promised myself that one day I will get a half-sleeve black and white tattoo of botanical images...

...So these wall charts from Wallography that have been popping up all over Pinterest have caught my eye, in particular the Flax and of course The Fern (my current favorite plant). They were illustrated in the 1890's and updated in the 50's  and were originally designed for educational purposes as classroom aids and are now becoming an 'iconic piece of scientific art'. I just think they are really pretty and would look great in my office above my desk... What do you guys think?

.

3 comments:

Kath said...

they are lovely, I've never seen one before, but I was drawn instantly to that cute little stool with it's granny squares cover :-D

Meg said...

I have a small obsession with botanical prints as well though wasn't familiar with Wallography until today. I have been collecting rose prints since was small girl and have a lovely sitting room decorated with them. Happy Sunday! PS so pleased that you have been updating more often - thanks!

Bohemian said...

Vintage Botanicals... a great thing to be obsessed with IMO! *Winks*

Dawn... The Bohemian